Subject : Syllabus
Topic : SSC-CGL
Tag : 2016
1) SSC-CGL Exam
Staff Selection Competition (SSC), a Government of India organization conducts a Combined Graduate level (CGL) examination for the recruitment of personnel for Grade B and C category posts in various Ministries, Departments, and Organizations.
Around 38 lakh candidates have applied for the SSC CGL in 2016.
The mode of exam has been changed from offline to Computer Based Test (CBT).
There won't be any interview along with the introduction of a new paper from now on.
This year, there will be an addition of a new post called Assistant Audit Officer which is in waiting for final approval.
2) SSC-CGL 2016 Eligibility:
The aspirant must be a citizen of India, Nepal, Bhutan or Tibetan Refugee.
Migrated people from various countries with the intention of permanently settling in India.
3) SSC-CGL 2016 Age Limit:
The age limit for SSC CGL varies depending on the different posts.
For more details regarding the age limit and relaxation, refer to the PDF document to the right.
4) SSC-CGL 2016 Educational Qualifications:
The aspirants applying for SSC CGL should hold a graduation degree from a Government recognised University.
5) SSC-CGL 2016 Physical Standards:
Aspirants should be physically and mentally fit as per the physical standards for admission to the SSC CGL.
For more information regarding the physical standards, please refer to the official PDF given on the right.
6) SSC-CGL Exam Schedule:
The SSC CGL exam is conducted in 4 stages:
Tier I - Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type)
Tier II - Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type)
Tier III - Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi (writing of Essay/Precis/Letter/Application Writing
Tier IV - Computer Proficiency Test/Skill Test (wherever applicable)/Document Verification
7) SSC-CGL 2016 Exam Scheme and Syllabus:
Changes in the SSC CGL Pattern:
This year, both the Tier I and Tier II exam will be in online mode.
Introduction of Descriptive Paper carrying 100 marks to be completed 60 minutes in pen and paper mode.
Reduction in the time limit of Tier I from 120 minutes to 75 minutes.
No Sectional Cut off.
8) SSC-CGL 2016 Exam Tier I Syllabus:
General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Candidates have a lot of scope to score in this section.
- This section tests the aspirants thinking ability.
- This section can be mastered by proper time management skills and by being careful while answering.
- This section is quite scoring as well and can be attempted in less time.
- Just focus on practicing regularly to bring in more accuracy.
- The section tests the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidates. It.
- The questions from this section are limited to class 10th mathematics.
- The level of this section is moderate to difficult.
- Candidates have a mixed response towards this section.
- Some find it easy and some no less than a nightmare.
- It all depends on the educational background and preparation level of the candidate.
9) SSC-CGL 2016 Exam Tier II Syllabus:
- The questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate.
English Language & Comprehension:
- This section tests the candidate's understanding and knowledge of English Language.
Statistics for Investigator Grade-II
- This section tests the knowledge of the aspirants on statistics, economics, commerce and maths on topics like probability, percentile, Public Finance, Algebra and Business Law, etc.
10) SSC-CGL 2016 Exam Tier III Syllabus:
Descriptive Type Paper
- This test is conducted through pen and paper mode.
- It assesses the writing skills of the candidate.
11) SSC-CGL 2016 Exam Tier IV Syllabus:
- This is for the post of Tax Assistants (Central Excise & Income Tax).
- Candidates securing at least the minimum qualifying marks in the written examination as fixed by the Commission will be eligible to appear in the Skill Test.
- This test will be held at the Commission's Regional/Sub Regional Offices or at other Centres as may be decided by the Commission.
12) SSC-CGL Tier I Exam Pattern:
Tier I exam is objective in nature and conducted online.
4 sections include: (1) General Intelligence & Reasoning, (2) General Awareness/General Knowledge, (3) Quantitative Aptitude and (4) English Comprehension.
100 questions for 200 marks to be completed in 75 minutes.
Negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer.
13) SSC-CGL Tier II Exam Pattern:
Tier II exam is objective in nature and conducted online.
4 papers, (Paper- 1) Quantitative Ability, (Paper-2) English Language and Comprehension, (Paper-3) Statistics and (Paper-4) General Studies (Finance and Economics).
Paper - 1 & 2 is compulsory for all posts, Paper - 3 only for the post of "Statistical Investigator Gr. II" & "Compiler" and Paper - 4 only for the post of "Assistant Audit Officer".
Each paper carries 200 marks and exam duration is 2 hours for each paper.
Negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in Paper - 1, Paper - 3 & Paper - 4 & negative marking of 0.25 marks in Paper - 2.
14) SSC-CGL Tier III Exam Pattern:
Tier III exam is descriptive in nature and conducted offline.
Candidates need to write Essay/Precis/Letter/Application Writing, etc.
100 marks exam to be completed in 60 minutes and exam duration will be 80 minutes for "VH" and "Cerebral Palsy" candidates.