Intercontinental English Olympiad: Syllabus for this exam is as follows:
Section - 1:
- Idioms, Homonyms and homophones
- Words related to feelings, Travel, Food, Health, Appearance, Character, etc.
- Nouns, Pronouns, Verbs and Phrasal Verbs
- Adverbs, Adjectives, Articles, Prepositions and Punctuation
- Active-Passive Voice and Reported Speech, etc.
Section – 2 :
- Search for and retrieve information from various text types like news headlines, Messages, Letters, etc.
- Understand information given in News reports, Time-tables, Messages, etc.
- Acquire broad understanding of and look for specific information in short texts like messages, menu card, dialogues, etc.
Section – 3 :
- Ability to understand situation-based variations in functions like requests, Refusals, Apologies, etc. and the use of conjunctions.
Section – 4 :
- Higher Order Thinking Questions - Syllabus as per Sections 1, 2 and 3.