Intercontinental English Olympiad Syllabus for class 3:
Section – 1 :
- Word Power : Homophones, Collocations, Spellings, Words related to animals, Household things, Clothes, Basic emotions, Food, Animals and Pets, etc.
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- One Word
- Nouns, Pronouns, Verbs, Adverbs and Adjectives
- Articles and Prepositions
- Simple Tenses
- Conjunctions and Punctuation
- Basic Questions etc.
Section – 2 :
- Search for and retrieve information from various text types like stories, Anecdotes, etc.
- Understand information through pictures, Time-table format, etc.
- Acquire broad understanding of and look for specific information in short texts like messages, Invitations, etc.
Section – 3 :
Ability to understand situation-based variations in functions like apology, greeting, introduction, request, etc.
Section – 4 :
Higher Order Thinking Questions - Syllabus as per Sections 1, 2 and 3.